I’m not much of a movie/TV series person, but I always sit up and take interest in if they are adapted from books I’ve enjoyed. Curiosity gets the better out me and I end up matching my visualisation from reading the book to the visuals from the movie/TV series.
- Heidi – The cartoon – This is my earliest memory of enjoying an adaptation. The cartoon is simply delightful and totally mind- blowing. The creators of this show have done quite enough justice to the book. Though I have read only an abridged version, I intend to read the unabridged version in German. I also intend to learn German for this very purpose.
- Sherlock – BBC TV Series – Benedict Cumberbatch – Need I mention more? Though the makers have tweaked the story a bit to adapt to the devices of new generation, that thrill of having read a good mystery is there upon watching the series.
- Harry Potter Series – We’ve all whined enough as to how the movie adaptation doesn’t do enough justice to the book, but on the retrospect, is it even possible to reproduce visually something as grand as the original book. I think not.
- Game of Thrones – I’ve just started reading the book. The TV series is actually way too good. It’s always been the other way round with me – I’ve always read the book before I watched the series. This is the first time I picked up the book after watching the show till date.
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown – Tom Hanks totally suits my image of Robert Langdon, Sir Ian McKellen as Sir Leigh Teabing was also very convincing. Of course, as expected, the movie makers didn’t do enough justice to Dan Brown’s writing.