Another whim and another cooking experiment. This one was a complete success. I even managed to add a minor addition to the original recipe I followed.
You would need,
Oreo Biscuits – 20 or One big packet. The plain one is better.
Milk – 1 cup – 250 ml
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Sugar – 3 Tblspn
Oil – 1 tblspn for greasing pan Or Parchment paper – Easier to get the cake out of the pan.
For chocolate icing,
A bar of dairy milk chocolate
Milk – As per need
Cocoa powder – As per need
1. Crush the Oreo cookies using a mixer or put them into a zip lock pouch and crush them manually using a rolling pin.
2. In a bowl, mix the crushed Oreo, milk, baking powder, sugar and beat well until you get a smooth mixture.
3. Take a microwave safe bowl, either line it with parchment paper or grease well with oil.
4. Pour the batter and microwave high for 5 minutes.
5. Take out the cake out from the oven and let it cool before inverting it.
The cake does yummy enough without the icing, but one can’t get enough of chocolate can we? So for the icing,
Heat a pan of water, keep another bowl over it (Double boiler set up). Break the dairy milk chocolate into small pieces and put them on the second bowl to melt them. If you feel the quantity is too less, add in milk and cocoa powder to increase volume. If you like you icing a bit more sweet, add powdered sugar to it.
Now that the icing is read, using a butter knife, spread the icing over the cake and la, your Oreo chocolate cake is ready 😀